United Heritage Community Scholarship
Each year, the Charity Foundation awards college scholarship funds to high school seniors who best exemplify the credit union philosophy of “People Helping People.” Because the Charity Foundation believes in the importance of community service, responsibility and helping the citizens of Central Texas, the scholarships are awarded to those students who have demonstrated their dedication to these causes.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Applications must be postmarked on or before February 14, 2020.
- Applications must be complete to be considered.
- Applicants must either be a member of United Heritage or related to a United Heritage member.
- Applicants must follow all directions so that no unnecessary points are deducted from the overall score. See Sample Application.
- Applicants must submit the application addenda for Community Service, Extracurricular Activities and Scholastic Achievement using the Scholarship Activities spreadsheet format. (The Excel file provided contains sample information in three (3) separate tabs.)
- Applicant as well as a parent or legal guardian must sign application.
- Interviews may be held with the top five scholarship finalists.
- Scholarship recipient must attend an institution of higher learning the following fall.
- Scholarship winner will be requested to submit a photograph.
To apply for the United Heritage Community Scholarship, please download the Application and Scholarship Activities spreadsheets.
A committee of United Heritage Charity Foundation representatives selects the scholarship recipient. The recipient will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Community service
- Character and leadership qualities
- Extracurricular activities
- Scholastic achievement
- Essay response
- Letters of recommendation
Preference will be given to those students who demonstrate extraordinary community and civic service.
To get started, download and complete both items below.
Download Application Download Scholarship Activities
See the Press Release about this year's Community Scholarship winner.
2019: Allison Agthe, Hyde Park High School
2019: Navya Janga, Vandegrift High School
2018: Brooke Kloesel, Shiner High School
2017: Shelby Brainard, East View High School
2017: Spoorthi Kamepalli, Vandegrift High School
2016: Eliza Cain, Liberal Arts & Science Academy
2016: Zachary Ray, Round Rock High School
2015: David Forrister, Llano High School
2015: Olivia Hall, Thrall High School
2014: Jocelyn Chambers, Chambers Academy Home School
2014: Neha Mulpuri, Vandegrift High School
2013: Jordan Zatopek, St. Andrew’s Episcopal School
2013: Reina Trejo, James Bowie High School
2012: Kristin Young, Rouse High School
2012: Christina Moten-Johnson, Eastside Memorial High School
2011: Katie Love, Cedar Park High School
2010: Easton Trejo, James Bowie High School
2009: Jonathan Hillis, Liberal Arts and Science Academy
2008: Kristina Brawner, Vista Ridge High School
2007: Matthew Jones, Anderson High School
2006: Halei Young, Georgetown High School
2005: Ashley Austin, Stephen F. Austin High School
2004: Rea Ferandez, Homer Hanna High School
2004: Jordan Flournoy, Victory Christian Academy
2003: Diane Mashburn, Van High School
2002: Ileana Zea, David Crockett High School
2001: Gina Rutherford, John H. Reagan High School
2000: Heather Arnold, Round Rock High School
Allison Agthe, 2019 Scholarship Recipient
Navya Janga, 2019 Scholarship Recipient